Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nutella Love! Fried Nutella Ravioli!

Good Morning!!  

I want to just thank you for reading, following, and trying my recipes and blog.  It really is a joy to share my passion for cooking *and maybe baking :)* with all of you.  I hope that you are entertained, and maybe educated at the same time.  

In fact, for your entertainment,  I will share with you my mornings "close call".  I was in the shower, knowing the doors were locked and nobody was home, I could hear some rustling around in the kitchen.  I did that whole, "Omg, do I go look or do I pretend I don't hear it in case someone is in the house"?  You know, will I get shot or stabbed while interrupting a burglary, or will they get scared and run...?  So as I am standing, in the shower I decide to just get the courage to peak around the corner.  Now, I am near blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, literally.  I don't have my contact in my good eye and as I peak with my bad eye *cause that is gonna really help me right?* I see the door start to open.  I shook as if someone had me at gunpoint, like physically shaking.  I am standing, water running, hands on my face, and the shower curtain starts to open, I know it has to be whoever was in the kitchen because the kitchen is quiet.  I close my eyes and wait...then I hear..."WOOF".  It was the DOG.  The DAMN DOG!  And when I gathered myself, threw my robe on and went to the kitchen it seems she had been partaking in this next recipe.  I mean what better chance then while I was in the shower right?!?!  Anyway....all's well that ends well, so they say.  I haven't spoken to her since.  And I just took a moment to glare at her on the sofa.  HA.  I hope her indigestion is immense!  And YOU, can stop laughing at me now! :)


OK, well it is no secret that I adore Nutella.  Just ask my butt, my thighs, etc!!  Actually I don't eat it as often as I wish I did, I try and save it for special situations, but it is ALWAYS in the cupboard!  I have drizzled it on, spread it on, melted it in, swirled it with many things for sure.  

I have been making this for years, and it never ceases to leave people moaning and mmmmmm'ing in their plates.  It is fried, and even though I don't often fry anything, I have tried this a few other ways to avoid the ick of frying and it just isn't the same.  They are very rich I would suggest a serving size of maybe 3 or 4 per person, maybe served with ice cream or some fresh whipped cream to dunk them in! I always dust mine with a little powdered sugar as well.

Here is what you will need:
Nutella
Wonton Wrappers
Veg Oil 
Medium Pot
Thermometer
Small bowl with water

Fill your pot with about 3 inches of oil.  Heat to 350 degrees.  While heating, take your wonton wrappers and lay out maybe 4 at a time.  In the center put 1 tsp of Nutella.  Wet your finger with the water and run it all along the outsides of the wrapper.  Fold wrapper into a triangle shape, sealing the entire ravioli all the way around.  If you don't, your Nutella will leak out and be a mess and icky!  You will have to start over with new oil.


Fry for approx 30-45 seconds on each side, or just until golden.  Remove onto a paper towel to drain.  Dust with powdered sugar and serve!




These couldn't be easier.  I often make more than I need, freeze them flat on a cookie sheet and then put them in a Ziploc bag to take a few out here and there if we want them or I need a quick dessert for company.  Just make sure they are frozen SOLID before you put them all together.  

I hope you enjoy Nutella dessert number 1!!  I will be making another but will not be blogging it until tomorrow.  It will be the most delicious yet!

Your "never underestimate the power of dog burglars"chefwannabe
Chris

4 comments:

  1. Nutella ravioli!!! This is my kind of dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too! It is SO easy I hope you try it and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting. I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can't stop laughing! lol so sorry... :) The ravioli looks yumm! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete